Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Happies

After my last Debbie Downer of a post, I thought it was time to lighten things up around here. While the process of recovering from surgery feels slow and at times incredibly frustrating, I'm trying to focus on the little things that make me smile. Here are three of them:

1. Shoes. Let's get some shoes.

If you didn't catch the reference, click here. You may thank me later.
No offense to my Saucony Ride 5s*, which have served me well for the last six weeks, but I am beyond thrilled to wear some of the other shoes that have been gathering dust in my closet. (Plus, I get to show off my sweet scar.) I wore these comfy Born sandals to run errands on Saturday, when it was a glorious 71 degrees and breezy. My feet felt like they were on vacation. Unfortunately, the rest of me was still in Indiana. Now I should probably start painting my toenails.

2. Banana Feet.



My physical therapist drew this illustration for one of my stretching exercises. (That would be me, the bunhead with the towel under her feet.) I thanked her for giving me banana feet, but I'm still waiting for my actual feet to follow suit.

3. Love.



My husband went on a guys' camping and rock climbing trip in Kentucky last weekend, so not only was I mopey, but I was alone and mopey. We barely talked all weekend because his cell phone was dying (turns out there are no chargers in rock faces?), but I think he sensed the bummer of a mood and brought home these beautiful Trader Joe's flowers. He's the sweetest...and also, handsome. (That's his studly self in the background with some girl in white.)

*Speaking of my Sauconys, one of the best pre-surgery tips I could offer someone is to buy comfortable sneakers if you don't have them already! My old ones made my knees hurt for some reason, so the week before surgery I went to a local running store, had a gait analysis done, and splurged on some new sneaks. So glad I did -- I wore them almost every day for the first six weeks after surgery.

1 comment:

  1. Contact Kalyan Hospital, The Best Bone Hospital in Ludhiana and make an appointment with our team of surgeons to get the optimal solution for your bone problems. Visit the link for more details.

    ReplyDelete